Sunday, October 25, 2009

There is Only Love

Watching beautiful sunset by the beach, with my loved one. Thought, this is such perfect moment. Feeling, I want it to last. Anticipating the inevitable, the ending, the bitterness that comes with love. Awareness that I am creating my own suffering, as I remember the Buddha's teachings. No, rather than fleeing into the future, I am to train my mind to stay present, with just the love, for that is all there is, really, now. Breathing, I watch the clinging, and the fear shrink back into oblivion. Heart filled with 100% sweet love. In gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder Marguerite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it much harder to be aware of the clinging to 'good' feelings such as love, than to be mindful of the aversion to difficult states. And yet, being aware of the clinging, is as important.

    ReplyDelete