Saturday, May 1, 2010

Notes from Wisdom 2.0 Conference - Part 1

From first day at Wisdom 2.0 Conference, some favorite quotes:

"Social networking is like being in a karmic accelerator" - Joan Halifax, Upaya Zen Center

"Technology is like a lubricant for human nature - both good and bad." - Bradley Horowitz, VP of Products, Google

"When I looked into why I reach out to my Blackberry, for no particular reasons, and I looked inside myself, I found my true motivations were: 1) seeking stimulation, 2) looking for confirmation of who I am, 3) feeling anxious, 4) being in control. Technology enables hyperthinking. At some point, it is important to deal with empty space, and disconnect completely." - Tami Simon, Owner, Sounds True

"There are only 24 hours in a day. (on using time wisely)" - Gopi Kallayil, Group Marketing Manager, Google

"Zappos four rules of Twittering: Inspire, Connect, Educate, Entertain" - Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos

No comments:

Post a Comment